Hello new week! Here’s a snapshot of what I’ve been doing, discovering and loving over the last seven days:
- Huxtaburger, can we marry? Brioche buns and patties made from grass-fed Wagyu beef send me to cloud nine. It’s a big call but I’ll stand by it – these are the best burgers going around this fair city of ours.
- I seriously can’t get enough of Raphael Saadiq’s 2011 release, Stone Rollin’. But then you already knew I was a big fan of this smooth cat.
- A change is as good as a holiday – even when it comes to skincare. Last week, I switched to Darphin’s Cleansing Milky Emulsion with Verbena and returned to Trilogy’s Certified Organic Rosehip Oil.
- Specialising in curious collectables, mid-Century furniture and the type of service you just don’t stumble across enough these days, 84 Smith Street, was a happy Sunday arvo discovery. I could have walked out with the entire shop, but settled on two pieces and the promise that I’ll be back (very soon).
- I’m not sure who was more surprised, me or my two boys, but my first attempt at making pizza dough from scratch wasn’t half bad. Kudos to good ol’ Jamie Oliver and this easy peasy recipe which made me look pretty damn good in the kitchen!