If you’ve followed Checks and Spots for awhile, you’ll know that Five Alive Friday has been a regular feature for some years now. Well, I’ve decided to give it an update! Rather than serving up a bunch of random links to distract and amuse, I’ll now share five things from my week that are lighting me up – things that I’ve discovered and loved. Things that reveal a little bit more of me to you. Things that I think you might like too.
I hope you enjoy Five Alive Friday Version 2!
- Eating at Angus & Bon; a cool, classic steakhouse that will make you feel like you’re back in NYC. It’s so good I’ve actually had dinner there twice this week!
- Coveting the killer new collaboration between Williams Sonoma and style icon, Aerin Lauder. I love the crisp combination of white, blue and green and scalloped edges – such a refreshing update on traditional white tableware.
- Watching Joan Didion: The Centre Will Not Hold on Netflix. It’s an intimate, documentary about a writer whose body of work helped define and record American life, particularly during the restive 60s and 70s. I’m also currently reading The Year of Magical Thinking, a devastatingly beautiful memoir of the year she lost her husband and daughter. So, yes…this week has been a bit of a Joan Didion binge!
- Converted to Bayeco’s Green Tea Foaming Cleanser. I’ve been using it for a month now and am a massive fan. This natural skincare range has been carefully formulated by Melbourne-based pharmacist. It’s super gentle yet effective (yes!) and doesn’t contain sulphate, parabens, mineral oils or phthalates (yes! yes!)
- Practicing EFT tapping. I had always written it off as hippie woo woo but after reading lots of research and clinical evidence I booked myself in for a two hour session to learn this psychological acupressure technique. I’ve discovered that its a really powerful technique that I am turning to frequently. Guess it doesn’t always pay to be a skeptic!