If this Baked Chicken Casserole recipe isn’t the perfect Sunday night dinner, I don’t know what is! Created by Maxwell & Williams in partnership with the Aviary Hotel, it’s a delicious twist on a classic that’s best enjoyed with family and friends and a glass of Grenache,
Baked Chicken Casserole
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 1.5 hours
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 5 garlic cloves, shaved
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley, basil, oregano & celery leaf
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Heat a heavy based pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place chicken skin side down and do not move it until it reaches a deep golden brown and it’s easy to turn. Turn and brown other side for a few minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add all the chopped vegetables, garlic, saffron, salt and pepper to taste, a few twigs of thyme. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and let it reduce.
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes.
- Place the chicken and vegetable mixture into the Artisan Rectangular Baker and let it sink into the juices.
- Place the baker uncovered in the preheated oven for 45min to 1 hr until chicken falls off the bone.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.