The Design Files Open House is back and this morning I got to preview the ‘ultimate Australian home’ (and take a few sneaky snaps on my phone) before it opens in Melbourne tomorrow.
This year, the Hawthorn home hosting The Design Files Open House is bigger and better than ever before – which means there is an absolute truckload of Australian art, design and furniture to fawn over and take home.
My top five highlights from this year are:
- The incredible portraits by Sandra Eterovic.
- The ceramic crucifixes by Ahoy Trader which are even more beautiful than the pics you’ve probably seen on Instagram!
- The garden was almost the star of the show this year! I particularly loved Jardan’s Stanley stools and the Pop & Scott painted planters.
- Seeing Kirra Jamison’s pieces en masse against a backdrop of Dulux Mondarin Blue.
- And the one thing I coveted the most? Layered Loom rugs.
The Design Files Open House Melbourne // 21 – 24 November 2013 // 9a Westley Street, Hawthorn East
The Design Files Open House Sydney // 5-8 December // Surry Hills.