Usually I write December off as a month of over indulgence, but this time around all the bad habits (too much food, too much booze, too much of the wrong things, too much eating for reasons other than being hungry) continued through into January. So recently I decided to clean up my act by doing a 3 Day Cleanse with Dietlicious.
What is the Dietlicious 3 Day Cleanse?
It’s a short, sharp way to rebalance and revitalise your body. Dietician designed, this cleanse eliminates preservatives, additives, dairy, caffeine, alcohol wheat and red meat to give your digestive system the chance to detox and run better.
How Does it Work?
The day before you start your cleanse, all meals and snacks are delivered. Everything is made from scratch by Dietlicious using fresh, seasonal produce and then frozen. All you have to do is reheat your meals and enjoy a break from the kitchen!
You can use this Cleanse as a one-off detox or before you commence Dietlicious’ longer 7 or 14 day programs.
What Do You Eat While on the Cleanse?
Each day you eat approximately 1,000 calories consisting of:
- Hot water and lemon first thing in the morning.
- On the first two days, breakfast was a super smoothie while on the last day it was gluten-free toast with the best hummus I’ve ever had and tomato!
- Morning tea was a nut and seed mix.
- Lunch was a well balanced meal that combined protein, veggies and some sort of low-GI carbohydrate.
- For afternoon tea I had a piece of fruit and organic ginger tea. Ginger not only provides relief for bloating and gas but also helps stimulate oxygen absorption, circulation and sweating – all of which are crucial for the detoxifying process.
- Dinner was a simple, yet yummy, meal that had protein and lots of vegetables.
To make the most of this cleanse, I also made sure I drank 3 litres of water each day.
So, What’s the Dietlicious 3 Day Cleanse like?
To be honest, I’ve always turned my nose up at food delivery services. I thought the food was over processed and the flavour too bland to bother. But after giving the Dietlicious 3 Day Cleanse a crack I’ve changed my tune.
Everything was seriously tasty and even though I was doing a Cleanse it didn’t feel like I was being deprived. In fact, I’d be happy eating like this any day of the year…not just when I’m detoxing.
The first day was definitely the hardest. I had a headache, felt hungry (but that’s because my meal size has been ridiculous lately) and I couldn’t stop thinking about food. On the second day, my energy levels started improving and my tummy stopped growling. Then by the third day I hit a sweet spot that I never wanted to leave! I felt like my body was humming along exactly how it should – I felt light and energised.
While I can’t tell you if I lost any weight, my tummy was the flatest it’s been for a long time and I didn’t feel bloated. And the best bit? This 3 Day Cleanse was all I needed to reset my approach to food and how I eat. It’s been three weeks since I did the cleanse and I’ve continued eating very cleanly and continued to feel better and better.
To share the detox love, Dietlicious are giving you and a friend the chance to experience their 3 Day Cleanse. To win this prize (valued at $250) all you have to do is:
- Follow Dietlicious and Checks & Spots on Facebook.
- Leave a comment below sharing what you’d like to get out of doing the Dietlicious 3 Day Cleanse.
Entry is open to readers in Melbourne and Sydney. You have until 10 pm Sunday 23 February to enter. Good luck!
Edit: Congratulations to our winner, Meka! Thank you to everyone who entered. Stay tuned for more giveaway and fun times!