This salad is the perfect take-to-work recipe. The roast pumpkin and pesto gives it a really satisfying flavour kick. Plus, it literally takes a couple of minutes to throw together. In fact, your oven will be the only one who really has to put in any effort!
Healthy Super Salad Recipe
What You Need:
- Pesto – Most Sunday arvos, I make a batch for the week ahead by throwing some rocket, basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and olive oil in the food processor.
- Rocket leaves
- Goats cheese
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Cut pumpkin into slices and lay on tray. Dollop a teaspoon of pesto on top of each pumpkin slice.
- Pop in the oven and cook until pumpkin is tender. Depending on how thick you’ve sliced the pumpkin this should take between 20 and 30 mins. Allow to cool.
- Lay a bed of rocket and then top with pumpkin slices and tomato. Crumble goats cheese on top and finish with a squeeze of lemon.