As soon as she hit 18 months, Mabel started screwing up her little nose at veggies. Little did she realise she’s met her match! I’m the master at sneaking veggies in when she’s not looking. So, this morning I got a little creative and made a Pumpkin, Polenta and Poppy Seed Loaf…which she pretty much inhaled! Oh, and it’s sugar-free.
Pumpkin, Polenta and Poppy Seed Loaf Recipe
What You Need
- 1 cup polenta
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- sunflower seeds (optional)
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together all your dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, eggs and pumpkin. Mix well until combined.
- Pour into tin and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top. Or if you have pepita seeds you could use them instead.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy! If you fancy it, you can even smear a little butter on top of your slice…