This recipe for Organic Raw Chocolate Balls will change your life. For real.
Eat Fit Food are the clever mob that crafted this recipe and when it popped up in my inbox, I thought it would the perfect sweet treat for the Rugrat and I to whip up.
Made with organic raw cocoa, they are a high source of magnesium, chromium antixoidants and serotonin. Which basically means they taste the grouse and you don’t have to feel guilty about scoffing down one…two…or three of them!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup whole organic walnuts
- 3/4 cup whole organic almonds
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 12 organic dates
- 1/4 cup organic raw cocoa powder
- Organic desiccated coconut
And this is what you do:
- Blend the walnuts and almonds until you have small chunks.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on a very low heat until liquefied.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend for approximately one minute until all mixed together.
- Take out a teaspoon worth of mixture, roll into a ball and finish by rolling in desiccated coconut.
- Continue until all the mixture has been used.
- Place on greaseproof paper in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours and let set.
Makes approximately 20 yummy balls!