Your Facbook cover image is prime real estate and is the first thing most visitors notice when they land on your page. So, whether you’re using Facebook to generate leads, create a community or close your next big sale, you want to make sure you’re getting maximum bang for your buck.
Here’s are my tips for making the most out of your Facebook cover:
- Make sure your cover image is the right size – 851 pixels wide x 315 pixels tall to be precise! Otherwise it will be stretched or distorted out of shape when you upload it.
- Include a hard-to-beat call to action. In July, Facebook relaxed its guidelines for cover images so you can now include a compelling call to action.
- Create a visual that stands out for all the right reasons. If your graphic design skills don’t really extend beyond ClipArt, get the professionals in! My current cover image on the Checks and Spots Facebook page was created by If You Build It. I gave them a couple of images and they worked their magic. It was super easy and massive timesaver. If you’d like them to do the same for you, contact them here. Tell them I sent you and they’ll do your cover image for just $132 (usually $264).
- Make the description of your cover image work double time by including a clickable link and any relevant hashtags.
- Creating a cover image shouldn’t be a one-off job. Make it part of your marketing strategy and update it regularly.