Whether you’re after a gluten-free pizza, cutting back on grains or simply want to up your veggie intake, this recipe will be right up your alley!
Gluten Free Cauliflower Base Pizza
What You’ll Need:
- Florets from one head of cauliflower
- 80g almond flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese – I used a mixture of parmesan and mozarella
- 3 eggs
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until a fine rice-like texture forms. Make sure you don’t over do it and end up with puree.
- Place 700 g of chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain through a fine sieve, pressing down with the back of a spoon (or even clean hands!) to remove excess liquid. Make you get as much liquid out as possible as this is what gives you a nice crunchy pizza base.
- Combine the cauliflower, almond meal, basil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and cheese. Use your hands to pull the dry ingredients into the middle until everything is combined.
- Press cauliflower mixture firmly into tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Cover pizza base with passata and your favourite toppings. Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!