Got a few super ripe bananas hanging around in your fruit bowl? Then let me show you how to make these easy peasy Dark Chocolate, Banana and Oat Cookies. They’re a yummy, wheat-free treat that you don’t need to feel guilty about…
What You Need:
3 Ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup of coconut oil, warmed so it isn’t solid.
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g dark chocolate chips – alternatively you could you unsweetened carob or chop up a block of dark chocolate
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 180 C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine the bananas, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined then fold through the chocolate.
- Roughly roll 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball. Place on tray, leaving a few centimeters between each cookie.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your dough. You should have approximately 20 cookies.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them because you don’t want the bottoms to burn.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!