It’s hard to beat soul-warming Chicken Soup. This recipe is on high rotation at our place, especially as it takes less than 30 minutes to whip up. Add some crusty bread and you’ve got the perfect quick-fix dinner.
Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe
- 50g butter
- 2 leeks – washed well and sliced
- 1 red chilli – deseeded and and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Kernels from 3 fresh corn cobs
- 3 chicken breast – left whole
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Fried shallots to garnish
- Coriander – leaves only to garnish
- salt and cracked pepper
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat and cook leek, chilli and ginger, for several minutes until leek is soft.
- Add stock and bring to the boil.
- Add corn and chicken and cook over gentle heat for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is poached and cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup, leaving some chunky bits for texture.
- Shred chicken with a fork and return to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with fried shallots and coriander.
You can see more of my healthy recipes here.