This post is made possible with the support of Bookworld.
I’m a little bit old school – I much prefer to have a book in my hands than read it on a Kindle. So, I’ve teamed up with Bookworld to share with you my current reading list of ten page turners.
The Checks and Spots Book List
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington has been my favourite book of 2014. I’ve read it and reread it and will probably reread it a 100 times again!
- I remember stumbling across Belle Gibson on Instagram last year and ever since I’ve been a huge fan her ‘whole life’ philosophy. I’ve been waiting for her first book, The Whole Pantry, to come out and can’t wait to check it out.
- The Iconic Interior: 1900 to Present is a hefty little number that is right up my alley! Featuring one hundred of the most spectacular interiors across the world, from the entire 20th century to the present day, it is the perfect fodder for my love of interiors.
- I’m a visual person and I have a few book I’m always returning to for inspiration. Kate Spade New York: Things We Love is one I have on high rotation as a visual diary for all things colour.
- What Katie Ate At The Weekend… is another book I’ve been eagerly waiting. I’m always cooking recipes from her first cookbook, so I can’t wait to get in the kitchen with this new arrival.
- Over my summer break, I’m looking forward to getting stuck into Grain Brain by Dr. David Perlmutter. I’ve heard a lot about this book an how it blows the lid on the surprising truth that gluten and carbs are destroying our brains.
- I’ve always wanted to flick through, Helmut Newton, a 480-page tribute to the 20th Century’s most intriguing, influential and controversial photographer. When it was first released it broke records for weight, dimensions and resale price – so if this doesn’t classify as a must-read for visual inspiration, then I don’t know what does!
- Witty. Ironic. Brilliant. I’ve got so much love for the work of Australian artist, Michael Leunig. The Essential Leunig, curates his vast repertoire into one book and is the perfect Christmas gift.
- Pen & Ink is unlike any other book on tattoos. Not only does it share some impressive ink but it also gives you the story behind each tatt.
- Tim Winton is pretty much the only author I’ll bend my non-fiction only reading policy for! I haven’t yet read, Eyrie, his latest book but I’ll definitely be adding it to my holiday reading list.
Have you got any recommendations to add to my book list?