This is a Sponsored Post.
When I was invited to create a project with Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan I snorted. I’m so rubbish with anything that is remotely DIY related that I really shouldn’t be left alone with a paintbrush!
But I was assured that this unique decorative paint was foolproof – even for someone as craft challenged as moi! The beauty of Chalk Paint™ is that it adheres to pretty much any surface, indoors or out, and there’s rarely any need to sand or prime before you paint. Which means you don’t have to fuss around with all that prep work and can just get stuck into the fun bit: creating.
I’ve seen lots of projects that use Chalk Paint™on timber but after spotting these sublime ceramic platters by Abigail*Ryan, I decided to have a shot at creating my own. And I have to say, I even surprised myself with the result! Here’s how I did it…
How To Make A Pretty Ceramic Platter
What You Need:
- White air-dry clay
- Rolling pin
- Fabric to imprint the clay – I used some of my grandmother’s vintage doilies
- Two shades of Chalk Paint™
- Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax
- Old cloth
What You Do:
- Roll out the clay and create the shape you’re after.
- Create texture and visual interest by carefully pressing your fabric into the clay.
- Leave to completely dry.
- Mix a teaspoon of Chalk Paint™ with roughly three teaspoons of the Clear Soft Wax.
- Use an old cloth to rub and wipe the coloured wax onto your platter
- Leave to completely dry before using.
#MadeItMyOwn with Annie Sloan
From now until 30 September, Annie Sloan is inviting you to show off your creative flair and go into the chance to win $100’s of prizes including Chalk Paint™, signed books and a unique illustration drawn by Annie herself!
All you have to do is:
- Print out a frame here and carefully cut out the middle section.
- Hold the frame in front of your Annie Sloan project.
- Take a photo and share it on Instagram of Twitter with #MadeItMyOwn. You can also upload it directly to their gallery.
Paint it. Love it. Share it.
You can find your nearest Chalk Paint™ stockist here.