This post is made possible by VODKA O.
I’ve got a new summer tipple – VODKA O. Australian owned and made, this range of vodka premixes are 100% natural, have nothing artificial in them – no gluten, no lactose – and have less sugar and fizz than most other premixed drinks and ciders out there. Hallelujah!
Made with award winning pure VODKA O, sparkling water and real fruit juices, herbs and spice flavours, this range comes in four imaginatively crafted flavours:
- Strawberry, Cranberry and a Hint of Basil
- Pear with a Hint of Vanilla
- Pineapple, Cucumber and Mint
- Apple, Ginger and Spice
Inspired by VODKA O, I’ve created a summer recipe just for you – Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw + Avocado and Coriander Sauce. It’s a cinch to throw together, works really well with all the VODKA O flavours and is perfect for sharing with friends on a long summer night.
Fish Tacos with Cabbage Slaw + Avocado and Coriander Sauce
For the Fish Tacos
- 3-4 skinless fillets of firm white fish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus a little extra for shallow frying
- 12 corn tortillas
For the Avocado and Coriander Sauce
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and skinned
- 1/4 cup of coriander
- Zest and juice of one 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and seeded
- Salt, to taste
For the Cabbage Slaw
- 1/4 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- Cut fish into good-sized pieces and place in a non-metallic bowl.
- Place the paprika, cayenne, cumin and garlic in a separate bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine. Add to fish, along with the lemon juice and oil.
- Massage the fish with the mixture, rubbing it into the flesh. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the Avocado and Coriander sauce, placed all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well-combined.
- For the slaw, toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Warm tortillas in a fry pan over a medium heat, cooking for about 30 seconds on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Place a little of the extra oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Wait until the oil is hot, but not smoking, and then add the fish and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve fish in warmed tortillas with cabbage slaw and a drizzle of the sauce.