What’s for dinner? How about trying my easy Salmon Fish Cake recipe? Now, this is my type of homemade comfort food!
Salmon Fish Cakes
What You’ll Need:
- 4 (about 800 g) floury potatoes, peel and coarsely chopped
- 600g salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 tbs grated lemon rind
- 6 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- Small handful of parsely, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g fresh or dry breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
What You Do:
- Heat oven to 180 c.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes well and mash.
- Bake salmon for 10 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Add lemon zest, green onions, Worcestshire sauce, tomato sauce, Dijon mustard, capers, parsely and plenty of salt and pepper to potato.
- Fold salmon through potato mixture.
- Divide into 8 portions and shape into patties. Pop patties in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each salmon cake into the flour to lightly dust, then in the beaten eggs. Roll in breadcrumbs to coat and place on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the salmon cakes and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and repeat with remaining salmon cakes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a salad. I also like to have some of this dip on the side!