Now that Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is done and dusted, here’s my round up of the ten best moments from the 2012/2013 SS Collections:
1. Ethereal headwear spotted at Aurelio Costarella.
2. Twenty-one years after her first solo show, Jenny Kee’s installation at the Overseas Passenger Terminal had more colour, texutre and volume than when she first steamrolled onto the scene. (Who would have thought that was possible?!)
3. Never shy of a statement piece, Ellery’s collection was almost architectural in its lines.
4. The queen of the Gypset, Camilla, didn’t dissapoint with a joyous riot of colour and pattern.
5. The forecast was sultry and sheer at bec & bridge.
6. This year Toni Maticevski reigned it in and presented a more stylised collection. While the big show-stoppers which featured so heavily last year were thin on the ground, his new direction sure didn’t disappoint.
7. Ah yes. No one does a pretty summer frock quite like Zimmermann.
8. Only the delightfully kooky, Romance was Born, could be inspired by Marvel Comics…and pull it off so perfectly!
9. Clean lines and block colour was a winning combination at Carl Kapp.
10. Forget double denim. ksubi were all about quadruple denim!