If you’re anything like me and find winter a slog, here’s my It List that makes surviving the cooler months a little bit easier!
The Winter It List
- Dr Spiller Vitamin A Day Cream – The combination of biting winds, cold temperatures and heating wreaks havoc on my skin in winter. So, just as I swap my wardrobe over, I also change my face cream to the Dr Spiller Vitamin A Day Cream which gives me heavy duty hydration without that heavy feeling.
- Trilogy Everything Balm – The girls at Beauty Directory introduced me to this superstar product. From your head to your toes, the Everything Balm nourishes, soothes and protects…well everything! I use it on my elephant skin elbows, cuticles, as a lip balm and even melt a little as a massage oil.
- Drink Yo Greens! – As soon as the weather starts to drop, I start craving high calorie, high carb nosh. But, with all the sniffles and coughs that come with this time of year, it’s also when I make sure I’m drinking my greens – daily. After all, beauty comes from the inside out. At the moment, my beverage of choice is a green smoothie of fresh coconut water, kale, cos lettuce, cucumber, green apple and mint. If you need further convincing that now is the season for getting your green smoothie on, check this out.
- Kester Black Nail Polish in Laguna – Australian made, vegan and free from all the nasties you normally find in nail polish, this Kester Black nail polish shade perfectly matches my mood in winter!
- Kevin Murphy Young Again Masque – Every week I give my hair a hit of this deep conditioning and restorative masque. It’s jam packed with 20 amino acids, quinoa and rice proteins, lotus flower and baobab seeds that restore lustre to my locks which are getting a good going over with the hair dryer.
- Poolside With Slim Aarons – There’s nothing like a flick through one of my favourite books to help escape the winter blues. Featuring beautiful people beside beautiful pools in beautiful locations, it’s the ultimate taste of summer when you need it most.