Have you heard about the Philips Visapure? It’s a nifty handheld, electronic skin cleanser that has a soft brush head which both rotates and vibrates to throughly clean your skin. Over the last few weeks I’ve been trialling one – here’s how I think it stacks up…
Why is the VisaPure Better Than Hand-Cleansing?
It’s 10 times more effective than hand-cleansing which is good news because it increases the absorption of your fave skincare products.
How do You Use It?
- Start by removing eye makeup by hand.
- Apply your preferred cleanser either directly to moistened skin or to a damp brush head. Never use a dry brush head as this can seriously irritate your skin.
- Place the brush head on your skin and then press the on/off button once to turn it on. When you switch the Visapure on, it works for three periods of 20 seconds that are separated by a short pause. Start with your T-zone and gently move the brush head across your skin while making small, circular movements.
- After 20 seconds, it will pause briefly to let you know that it’s time to move onto your right cheek zone. The cheek zone includes your chin, the area between your nose and upper lip and the area between your eyes and ears.
- After 20 seconds, it will pause again and you can move onto your left cheek zone.
- Finish by rinsing your skin throughly to remove cleanser.
Is it suitable for sensitive skin?
I’ve got super sensitive skin that often plays up when I try something new, but I found that by sticking with the sensitive brush head (The Visapure comes with 1 x normal and 1 x sensitive brush head) the bristles were soft enough for me to use it everyday. Mind you, I did stick to the gentle setting. If you like your cleansing with a bit more grunt, you could always select the ‘Deep Cleansing’ setting instead.
It’s also important to make sure you don’t push the brush head too hard onto you skin (it should feel comfortable!) and don’t overdo your cleansing. There’s no need to spend more than 20 seconds on any of the three zones.
Can I use the VisaPure in the Shower?
Yes! It’s waterproof.
How Often Do You Need To Replace Your Brush Head?
To make sure your VisaPure is cleaning as effectively as it should, replace your brush head every three months.
Is It Worth The Hype?
I slather on sunscreen, skincare products and makeup, so I loved the genuinely clean feeling my skin had after using the VisaPure. After all, clean skin is clear skin.
In terms of the size of the brush, it’s a bit smaller compared to other brands that are out there, but since my skin feels softer, has a ‘post-facial’ glow (without the facial!) and the pores across my T-zone aren’t so noticeable, I’ve got no complaints! In fact, I’m a massive fan of how the Visapure takes my daily cleansing routine to the next level with no extra effort.
AU $199.95 // Available from here.