When it comes to my everyday skincare routine, I have two rules:
- The products have to be formulated with as few chemicals and nasties as possible – yet still work overtime to tame my pigmentation and keep my skin looking bright and hydrated.
low maintenancelazy, so I like to get away with as few products as possible!
After a lot of trial, error and experimentation I’ve landed on a tightly edited collection of products that get the results I’m after. So, I thought I’d share them with you!
- Twice a day I cleanse with Dr. Spiller Wash Cream. It’s great for removing makeup and impurities yet gentle enough that my skin doesn’t feel like it’s stripped bare.
- I know toner probably feels like it’s straight out of 1993, but it’s a skincare step that I won’t skip! I use Dr. Spiller Hydro-Marin Freshener which works a treat at restoring hydration levels and brightening my complexion.
- I’m super conscious of my pigmentation, so I have been using Dr. Spiller Whitening De Pigmentor Serum for about two years now. It’s been incredible at noticeably lightening my age spots.
- Since I prefer a light, rather than heavy, moisturiser, I use Dr Spiller Vitamin-C Plus Day Cream both day and night. My skin tends to be on the dry side, but this keeps it perfectly hydrated.
- If you’ve been visiting me for a while, you’ll already know I will only wear a physical (rather than chemical) sunscreen. After trying a ton of different sunscreens, I finally discovered Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen. It’s lightweight, matte and 100% non-chemical. It also doesn’t leave you with that ghostly white look that many physical suncreens do, so it makes a great base for your makeup.
- I’m a big fan of dry body brushing. Not only does it slough away dry skin, but it’s also amazing for increasing blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and strengthening your immune system. It’s something I do every morning before I hop in the shower. If you’re interested in finding out more, check out this post I wrote a few years ago.
- After my shower, I slather myself in Neal’s Natural Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm. It’s made with 99% Organic ingredients and reminds me of my beautiful friend Lucy, who I bought it with when I was visiting her in the UK late last year.
Psssst! Not sure what order you should be applying your skincare products? Then you might like to check out this post.