For the last month, I’ve swapped out a lot of my makeup bag for Josie Moran Cosmetics. Sure the colours are great and the formulas are worth writing home about, but it’s how this range has improved my complexion that has hit me for six.
About Josie Maran Cosmetics
Josie Maran is a supermodel, actress and an eco-beauty entrepreneur. In 2007, she launched a cosmetics range that was founded on a belief in luxury with conscience. All of her products include one superstar, signature ingredient – 100% pure Argan Oil – that has been formulated with a powerhouse of other plant-based ingredients to nourish your skin.
What Are the Benefits of Pure Argan Oil?
You’ve probably heard of Argan Oil as the perfect remedy for lacklustre locks, but as one of nature’s richest moisturiers it works like a charm on your skin too. Rich in vitamin E and fatty acids it hydrates and gives you a beautiful dewy glow. And because Argan Oil is lightweight, it penetrates the skin so you don’t have to worry about looking like a grease ball!
Is the Argan Oil in Josie Maran Cosmetics Fair Trade?
In a word…yes! Josie Maran Cosmetics use pure, Fair Trade Argan Oil, that is grown and harvested responsibly by all-female cooperatives in Morocco. These co-ops were set up by the Moroccan government in 2002 to give women of rural Morocco a steady income, a fair wage, decent working conditions, and literacy and other education classes in what has traditionally been a male-dominated society.
Which Products Are Worth Checking Out?
I’ve been using six Josie Maran Cosmetics products that I picked up from Kit:
- I prefer the coverage of a tinted moisturiser over foundation so I’ve been using Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Tinted Moisturiser. It’s a great little multi-tasker that hydrates, evens out tone and has broad spectrum SPF 30. It also leaves skin with a beautiful dewy glow…and who doesn’t want that?!
- The dark circles under my eyes have also been putting the Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Concealer Crayon through its paces. While it doesn’t have the coverage of my usual concealer, it is easy to build up to hide those dark circles and never looks cakey or thick.
- Josie Maran Cosmetics Infinity Intensive Cream Oil has become my secret little weapon. I’ve been using it as a highlighter on my cheeks, to tame renegade eyebrows, prep my eyelids before applying eyeshadow, as a lip balm or to soothe and smoothe dried cuticles. It’s like the MacGyver of makeup!
- The Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee in Coral Oasis is right up my alley since I’ll take a cream colour over a blush any day of the week! This one is long-wearing and can be also be built-up, so it ticks all the boxes.
- For my lashes I’ve been giving the Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Black Oil Mascara a whirl. Everything about the ingredient list for this product says it shouldn’t work – but it does! It leaves my lashes defined, lengthened and fluttery, plus the Argan Oil in this formulation helps condition and nourish lashes.
- I’ve replaced my normal moisturiser and been using the Josie Moran Cosmetics Pure Argan Oil in the morning and evening. I simply rub 3 drops between my palms and then pat gently over my face.
Why I’ve Fallen for Josie Maran Cosmetics
When I try a new makeup range, I normally pay attention to the shades, finishes and coverage. I don’t expect it to do anything for my complexion – that’s what skincare is for, right?!
But, Josie Maran Cosmetics has actually improved my complexion. My skin looks the best it has in yonks, my friends keep asking what I’m differently and some days I’ve even been skipping the tinted moisturiser and getting by with just a little concealer.
The other reason I’m a massive fan is that this range is that it’s low maintenance and works best when applied with your finger tips. Forget your brushes and all the other tricky stuff. The warmth of your fingers is just what it needs to glide on like a dream and make you look as pretty as a picture. This also means that I can put my ‘whole face on’ in three minutes flat – which is GOLD when you’re a mumma and there is always some wanting you to do this, watch that or help them out during the morning rush.
You can shop Josie Maran Cosmetics online here.