Since we all know that grabbing some nuts is good for your health – ok, go ahead and snigger! – here’s five reasons why you should be eating more Macadamia nuts:
- They contain more heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids than any other nut.
- They are one of the only food sources that contain palmitoleic acid – a type of monounsaturated fatty acid that may speed up fat metabolism and helps skin retain suppleness.
- They contain a significant level of protein.
- They contain useful amounts of manganese, an antioxidant and essential mineral required for collagen production in the skin.
- Copper in Macadamia nuts helps promote the health of your nervous system and neurotransmitters, the chemicals which our brain cell uses to send chemical signals.
Despite the health benefits of Macadamia nuts, don’t go totally nuts with them! They have one of the highest percentages of calories from fat of all nuts. So keep your serving size to a handful and opt for plain-roasted (rather than oil-roasted) varieties.