‘Tis the season for parties, events and celebrations! To help you look your festive best and get out the door in record time, I caught up award-winning makeup artist and founder of éllie Makeup, Elissa Gia. Here are her top five makeup tips to see you through the silly season in style!
Top 5 Party Makeup Tips
- A cream blush is a must-have for your handbag as they generally offer three uses in one product. Pick the right shade for your skin tone and use your wedding finger to pat a touch of colour on the lip, apple of the cheek or eyelid. No brush is necessary and depending on whether you’re heading out at day or night, you can build as much or as little colour as you like.
- Too many champagnes and late nights can dehydrate the skin making it look dull and tired. Add a natural glow with a liquid illuminator like éllie Makeup’s Luxe Lumiere which can be mixed in with your foundation or moisturiser or worn on its for glowing, radiant, healthy looking skin.
- Pressed for time to get your make up done? Pare down your look – for example keep your face and eyes natural and focus on your lips with a splash of intense colour. Or concentrate on the eyes only and keep the rest subtle and natural
- To avoid a panda eye look after a long night use a fixed gel pen or liquid liner for the ultimate staying power. They literally do not budge all day and night!
- To take your look from day to night, use a powder highlighter like Ellie Makeup’s new Luminous Glow Veile Pressed Powder. It’s an instant pick me up and is available in a handy compact with mirror and brush and the perfect size for your handbag. Apply on the brow bone, cupid’s bow, cheekbone and inner eye to make them pop.