Today we catch up with Deborah De Silva and Ryan Clark, the mother-and-son duo behind Cactus Skincare. Deborah created the range in the early 1990s after working with a pharmacist friend to create natural skincare products that solved the skin problems of friends. Soon word-of-mouth spread and Deborah turned Cactus Skincare into an international business with the help of her son, Ryan Clark, who came on board as brand manager. Today, Cactus Skincare has a global cult following.
Here Deborah and Ryan share five of their favourite things for November:
- Seeing our #MercyMask Initiative really kick off. We’re donating $5 from every White Clay Mask (whether sold alone or in a Bundle Pack), and $1 from every one of our cult $5 sample packs sold to Project Futures to help end human trafficking and sex trade, and spreading the word through White Clay Mask selfies on Instagram. According to UNICEF, two million children will be sold into the sex trade in the next year – a horrifying statistic that makes us want to help out.
- Melbourne Cup. We’re a very social company and we’re always big fans of donning a suit and bow tie or nice dress to celebrate the race that stops the nation.
- Christmas! Who doesn’t look forward to Christmas? It’s often our busiest time of the year, but also the most rewarding. Getting a chance to sit down and reflect on what we’ve done as a family throughout the year is paramount.
- New products. It’s all under wraps at the moment, but Deborah’s working on some great new products that we’re looking to introduce into the range next year. They’re in the testing phase at the moment and she’s very excited about the early results!
- The New Year! Only 9 weeks until 2015. We’re going to take a few days off to relax, reflect and reboot.