- The true meaning of courage is to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart. It is the courage to be imperfect.
- Be authentic and real by letting ourselves be vulnerably seen.
- Love with our whole hearts even though there are no guarantees.
- Practice gratitude and joy in moments of terror.
- We we work from a place that says, 'I am enough', we stop screaming and start listening. We are kinder and gentler to the people around us. We are kinder and gentler to ourselves.
I'm back! While I was on my forced sabbatical, I watched some of the incredible talks on TED. One treasure I came across - and can't stop thinking about - is this talk by Brene Brown, a research professor who has spent the last ten years studying shame, empathy, authenticity and vulnerability. The Power of Vulnerability is deeply insightful. In fact, I think it's a game-changer. Some of the thoughts that I've taken from it and am now carrying in my pocket include: